This tipsy carrot soup is the perfect solution to that eternal dilemma: How to have fun and stay healthy too. Just add some beer into your soup 🙂
- 200gm carrot
- 30gm celery
- 20gm garlic
- 30gm leeks
- 30gm salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp beer
- Veg stock
- In a large stockpot, melt butter and saute onion and garlic until soft and tender. It should take you around five minutes.
- Add carrots, veg stock and beer.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes or until veggies become tender.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup right in the pot (or pour some into a blender and puree- you will have to do this in batches).
- Return to heat and add milk, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over low flame until heated through, maybe for five minutes.
- Remove from the stove. Garnish with almond and fresh cream.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy: Arbor Brewpub, Bangalore