When the chips are down, all you need is some chocolate chip cookies to comfort you 🙂
- 140 gms flour
- 100 gms margarine
- 150 gms icing sugar
- 10 gms caramel
- 100 gms chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp soda
- Vanilla Essence – optional
- Sieve the flour, twice, along with the baking soda.
- Press the margarine with your palm on a table and move your palm in a single circular direction to cream and soften the fat.
- Divide the icing sugar into four parts. Add each part separately to the margarine while continuing to cream it.
- Start with slow movements and then increase the circular motion as it helps to soften the margarine and also incorporate air.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl with a hand whisk.
- Add salt and essence (optional) to the beaten egg and continue to whip.
- Add the whipped eggs little by little to the creamed fat and sugar mixture.
- Add the flour, caramel and chocolate chips.
- Fold the ingredients together to form smooth, nonsticky dough.
- Cover the dough and rest it for 10 minutes.
- Take walnut sized dough and drop it on a greased baking tray, an inch apart from one another.
- Bake in a pre- heated oven at 150 degree Celsius for 15-18 minutes or until the cookies turn light brown on the sides.
- Cool, the cookies before serving or store in air tight containers.