I am not a fan of salads. Quinoa is alien to me. And I wasn’t interested in making its acquaintance. However, during my staycation at The Den, a brand new hotel in Whitefield, Bangalore, Chef Vikas Chamoli whipped up a simple dish that made me fall in love with salads and quinoa in particular. I had to ask him for the recipe… for you folks 🙂
So, here goes…
Summer Quinoa Salad
100 gm boiled quinoa
40 gm roasted bell pepper
40 gm green cucumber
5 gm salt
5 gm pepper
10 ml olive oil
20 ml zesty lemon dressing
- Wash and rinse the quinoa.
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add the quinoa and cook it for 20 minutes.
- Strain and rinse the cooked quinoa with cold water. Shake the sieve well to remove all moisture. When dry, transfer the quinoa to a large bowl.
- Add orange slices, cucumbers, bell pepper, tomato, parsley and mint.
- Make a dressing out of lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. lemon juice, salt, and pepper and toss well.
- Mix this dressing with the quinoa mixture and serve